Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Plein-air - - newest work on a beautiful bright morning


I have been out a few times recently but did not make a very good painting on any of those times,    I did a little better on this attempt but still feel a bit out of step with painting.  My thoughts just aren't there, or maybe they are a bit too much!!!    "Do what you have always done, and you will get what youv'e always got"  is a quote that I think of  often, but can't recall who was the first to say it.     With that thought in mind,  I decided to work on this one a bit differenly that I may have.     I used a piece of white  Colorfix paper cut to 8  x  12, and after doing my pencil drawing in my sketchbook to find a comp, and the l/d pattern,  I then drew onto my support with orange for the light areas, and red for the dark - -  -then washed it with a brush and water to create a value painting in red and orange.   Should of taken a photo at that time, but I walked around a bit while it dried and then went into the painting with the colors of the day, as I was seeing them.  As the sun went over me, of course, there was more blue in the water, and I knew it was time to stop.  I had worked on this for only 1 1/2 hours, but I was tired and ready to go home.   There were beautiful things to paint all around me however, and I should of stayed out there and continued.   I feel to guilty when I am gone to long, painting  although I really don't do much else!!!  At lest this year I haven't.   Anyhow, until next time.    Oh!   heres a very good web-site you might like.  I study this painters comp's because he has such good ones, and is a plein-air painter.    http://www.paulkratterartist.com/    Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment