Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 27, 2010

window gazing and dreaming......























You guessed it!   Cold and windy days here again.   It is getting green outdoors, but that wind won't settle down.   We have been re-building corrals in order to brand some calves, and ship.   Yet its to windy even for that!  At least for me.   So I spent several day on this cat.  He is a Maine Coon Cat,  I believe, and he lives in Norway.   A member of WetCanvas put his picture on about a year or so ago, and I thought it was a wonderful picture.  I am not so good with a camera!   And I finally gave it a try.   I used Sennelier pastel card , in sand color from the support.   I really must stop painting cats!  Well, when the wind settles down, it will be back to the plein-air!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo! This is great! Beautiful textures and glass-like eyes. Wonderful use of darks and lights! Gorgeous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn! I put this on Wc, and Sandy Byers commented on it! I was so surprized. Thats why I like WC---pros go on there and catch things and help you to learn. Great fun, that! Hope to see you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, your light shining through the cats eyes is awesome! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your cat paintings (actually all the animals) so you can't do too many as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how you capture their character but you do!

    ReplyDelete