Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 17, 2012

finnished----for now


Well,  Now its all done----unless I decide to change something!   I will let this sit awhile, on a bookcase or someplace where it catches my eye as I go about my daily routines, just to see if anything stands out for changing.   I found out its true that if you place Nupastles in your freezer for a short while, then sharpen them with a hand pencil sharpener you can create a wonderful point for detail---if you need it.   I also learned that Nupastel is really GOOD on the Suede Mat Board surface, coming of as smooth as butter.    If I were a more detail person, this would really be good info!!!!   I wonder if I am?   There is still so much to learn, not just about pastels, but also Art, and finding your niche or style.  So far, I seem to love it all. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks great! I love the light on the cat, the deep shadows, and the interesting window in the upper left to balance the painting. Great job! And, thanks for the neat tip about NuPastels! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice!! Boy, you are right. So much to learn. Its fun following your journey. I can tell you love your art, and it shows in the quality of your paintings.

    ReplyDelete