Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Today in Hope Valley!



Worried a bit that I have been to lazy I drove up to Hope Valley to do a Plein-air. I had the 3 dogs with me and it was a beautiful Sunday Morning. The Fall color has arrived!!  That surprized me, and it was so warm looking and beautiful with photographers all around.  The dogs and I hiked out away from the paths and people, and set up looking across the valley to the west.  I took my time with this one, but feel it sure could be better! I used 300lb. waterdolor paper with Golden pastel ground on it, the drew with the purple 244 nupastel, then used achohol to wash it down. When dry I went right on with the dry pastels, trying to catch the light on the Mt. and the trees.  One and 1/2 hours, it was fun and now I have a lot of othere ideas to try!  My Lorenzo Chavez Workshop is coming , the 5th thru the 9th, right after my Open Studio with Alpine County----boy, I hope I am ready!
 This one was done earlier this year in the spring, of the valley floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment